Black Annealed Wire
Black steel/iron wire is divided into 2 major categories, hard drawn & soft annealed wire.
The hard drawn wire is the suitable material of iron nail, craftworks, the annealed wire is commonly used in tying, binding works, and is required to be cut into a coil, straight, and U shape in various purposes.
Black annealed wire looks have the lowest barrier to fabricate, but to make it high quality require much tougher criteria for annealing temperature control.
The purposes of annealing are to intensify wire’s performance by eliminating work hardening, raise rolling cablire thus to improve microstructure & properties. Annealing is a key process composed of three stages: heating, heat preservation and cooling.
Our annealed wire uses superior Q195 row steel rod that was through prestress annealing process, it is burned & evaporated rolling oil on the surface of the rod to ensure the cleanliness and hygiene before fine draw process.
Our tabilization annealing solved strain stress + low-temperature recovery to precipitate / spheroidize the microstructures of a workpiece. The overall fabrication line is designed suitable for large quantity, stable mechanical properties in low-temperature heat treatment wire. After stabilization, the stress value is slightly reduced and the plasticity is improved.
|Wire Gauge||SWG in mm||BWG in mm||In Metric System mm|
- Hard drawn wire
- Wire gauge: BWG 8# to 23#.
- Wire diameter: 0.8–4 mm.
- Tensile strength: 500–980 N/mm2.
- Coil weight: 25 kg, 50 kg, 100 kg, 200 kg in normal coils, 400–500 kg or by Z2, Z3 coils.
- Package: wrapped with PE film inside, outside PVC woven cloth or hessian cloth, or can be put on wooden pallet.
- Soft annealed wire
- Type: black soft annealed wire, bright soft annealed wire/soft annealed wire oxygen free.
- Diameter: BWG 16#, 18#, 19#, 20#, 22# are the most popular sizes for sale.
- Package: in coil, by spool, or can be cut into sizes for binding/bundle.
- Application: black annealed wire is used as tie wire or baling wire in building, parks and daily binding.
Causes and elimination methods of failure annealed wire.
Common failures are substandard performance, coarse grains and surface patch.
- Dismatched or wrongfully mistreatment of the raw materials.
- inappropriately execution or equipment malfunction.
Elimination methods: consistency check before furnace installed.
- Coarse grain caused by slow heating speed or annealing temperature is not suitable.
- heat preservation time is too long.
Elimination method: high temperature, fast, short time annealing process.